Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cree led deterioration

In article ,
Max Demian wrote:
On 06/06/2018 07:25, Brian Gaff wrote:
I think it very much depends on the circuit running the leds. Some of them
actually use a stabilisation system so the battery really needs to be pretty
knackered for it to dim, while others perform more like a real old fashioned
torch and the light dims as the battery volts drop.

If the torch has three cells I suspect it's connected directly to the
LEDs with resistors to drop the voltage to 4V and limit the current. A
torch with two cells must have some kind of voltage multiplier which may
regulate the current in a clever way as the battery drains.

Yes - have a two D cell Lidl one which is brilliant. That seems to stop
working suddenly. But has a very good battery life.

--
*I'm planning to be spontaneous tomorrow *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.