Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Trash or Treasure ?

On Tuesday, June 5, 2018 at 12:35:11 PM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:
http://tacklemaker.info/gallery/1_05..._10_33_52.jpeg

Trash or Treasure ?

Bob, is that chair available to you? Left front of the arm needs wood repair. Springs are probably good, but all the internal padding, burlap, jute webbing will likely need to be replaced. I'm sure there's lots of old dust inside... need to be blow out. Not a difficult job, reupholstering, even if you've never reupholstered a chair. All the joints need to be check for looseness and repair if needed. Online coaching would help you reupholster it, if you'd like to try your hand at it.

Kinna looks like an Eastlake chair, but doesn't have some of the more typical Eastlake features, probably worth about $150-$200 if in good to excellent shape. You might look on the inside seat frame, see if there are any maker's marks, etc., possibly to ID it.

I just finished reupholstering a damaged turn-of-the-century chair, for a friend, delivering it this evening.

Sonny