Posted to rec.woodworking
OFWW[_5_] OFWW[_5_] is offline

Default Weird Pipe Found Buried in Yard

On Tue, 05 Jun 2018 07:02:39 -0400, wrote:

Did I say a switched network?

So you are living fifty years in the past. A lot of your statements
are becoming clear.

50 years ago a most of these products and or capabilities were non
existent or rare.

I also did not mention of qualify by saying a switched network.

Can it happen?

Today? No.

Not everyone is up to date on their LAN technologies.

"However, it is possible for a collision to occur on a switched
topology if more than one device is connected on the same port of the

switch, like if you connect two PCs to a hub and the hub to a switch
port, but notice that the collision would be possible only because of
the hub."

Only an idiot could even come up with such an argument.

I am sure that those on the Cisco Forum would love to hear you say
that since this I snipped from an ongoing conversation.

I have also ran across just that type of a situation more than once as
people in their haste added computers and so they expanded their
network using what they had at hand, and then called to have the
problems corrected.

I don't live in the same perfect world that you do.
HAND