Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New report: Easier access to guns means more violent deaths

On Tuesday, June 5, 2018 at 12:19:08 PM UTC-5, Dove Tail wrote:
On 6/5/2018 at 10:09:46 AM, wrote:

On Tue, 5 Jun 2018 14:17:34 -0000 (UTC), "Dove Tail"
wrote:

Anyone who says that easy access to firearms is not the primary
problem, is just telling fairy tales.

A new report affirms what we already know: Easier access to guns
means more violent deaths

LA Times
http://tinyurl.com/y7uxcm75

"...So who led the pack in gun-suicide rates, according to the
Violence Policy Center? Montana, where two-thirds of households
have firearms and where the gun-suicide rate was 15.54 per 100,000
residents, more than twice the national rate of 7.1. The lowest
gun-suicide rate was in New Jersey, at 1.97 per 100,000, and where
only 17.4% of households owned firearms..."

How is suicide a violent death? Seems pretty calm to me.
Murder is a violent death and the murder rate has gone down in spite
of millions of new guns being sold every year.

Ahhh, a slightly more sophisticated variation of Uncle Menstrual's
definition ploy. Can you distract attention away from the issue of
easier access to guns equating to greater gun violence?

How is it "violent" to blow off the top of one's head with a shotgun?

Here are a couple of definitions of "violent", hope you learn something.

Adjective: violent

1. Acting with or marked by or resulting from great force or energy or
emotional intensity

2. Effected by force or injury rather than natural causes

So Dove Anus, when are you going to kill yourself? Perhaps you can borrow a gun? I'd gladly loan you mine. I've never fired it myself but my friend Stinky took it out to the woods and did some shooting with it. He said it jammed a lot so it might not go off when you stick it in your mouth and pull the trigger. If you kill yourself with a gun, that would be the best demonstration of how dangerous guns are. Do it live(no pun) on the Internet and make a YouTube video that other anti-Second Amendment freaks can use to get their anti-gun point across. Just think Dove Anus, you could be a sainted martyr for the anti-gun nut crowd. Just do it! ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Hopeful Monster