Posted to uk.d-i-y
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default You are a 4th Year apprentice, what do you do next?

On 6/5/2018 11:08 AM, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
S Viemeister wrote:
I remember working along side BBC OB crews where the riggers wore
suits!

Smart dress was sometimes required on a specific location.

In the 60s, my uncle (BBC Glasgow) decided to wear a kilt, rather than
have a suitcase full of 'appropriate attire' for all the different
places he was sent to.

I'm sure that would be acceptable, but you'd still need a selection of the
bits for the upper body to cover all requirements.

Yes, but it still reduced what he needed to lug around. Different hose
and shoes, too.