cwizard

Default Window and Installation Costs

"Morgan" wrote in message
om...

My wife and I are replacing the original wood casement windows in our
1938, stucco exterior home. We are considering aluminum clad wood
exterior/wood interior windows from Lincoln, but we are not sure the
cost is worth it over vinyl. We received a quote for $15,000 for 10
windows installed, including replacing the frames and repairing the
stucco. Most windows are 42.5x55. The company broke out the costs to
be $9900 for the windows and $5000 for labor. $1000 per window and
$500 for each installation seems high to me. In their quote, they
show list price as $14028 and their discounted price to me at $9900.
Is this a reasonable price. We are in the San Francisco Bay Area, so
I know prices here are higher.

Thanks.
Morgan

GET A NEW QUOTE.

I just replaced NINE windows in my house with store bought replacements and
paid $109 each + $300 a day labor got them installed in two days. They look
GREAT to me and I saved a ton of money.