Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Appliance bulb

On Tuesday, 5 June 2018 12:10:50 UTC+1, Scott wrote:
On Tue, 05 Jun 2018 11:19:03 +0100, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:
Scott submitted this idea :

I bought two of these at Maplins, at 80% off. I now realise I'm not
sure what they are for. The last time I went to a 'proper' electrical
wholesaler, he told me different bulbs are needed for oven and fridge.
Does anyone know?

Normal bulbs will work in a fridge, but not good in a oven. Make sure
they are genuine 240v versions, there are lots of 230v ones around
which last only weeks on UK voltages.

It's 220-240 Volts but bayonet cap, so not a fridge bulb at all. No
refunds as Maplins now in administration. What's an 'appliance bulb'
if it is no good in fridges or ovens?

Anyone wanting them can have them free of charge.

Cooker hoods, some 1960s/70s hoovers, decorative tablelamps, lighting strings, sheds, etc etc. Also could be used in microwave, though not the approved type.

NT