Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default Appliance bulb

On Tue, 05 Jun 2018 13:31:12 +0100, charles
wrote:

In article ,
Scott wrote:
On Tue, 05 Jun 2018 11:19:03 +0100, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

Scott submitted this idea :
I bought two of these at Maplins, at 80% off. I now realise I'm not
sure what they are for. The last time I went to a 'proper' electrical
wholesaler, he told me different bulbs are needed for oven and fridge.
Does anyone know?

Normal bulbs will work in a fridge, but not good in a oven. Make sure
they are genuine 240v versions, there are lots of 230v ones around
which last only weeks on UK voltages.

It's 220-240 Volts but bayonet cap, so not a fridge bulb at all. No
refunds as Maplins now in administration. What's an 'appliance bulb'
if it is no good in fridges or ovens?

Hoover?

Maybe, but I have a Dyson. I wonder how many modern appliances use BC
fittings. Next time it will be a visit to the electrical wholesaler
with the old bulb in my pocket.

Anyone wanting them can have them free of charge.