Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Appliance bulb

On Monday, 4 June 2018 17:42:59 UTC+1, Scott wrote:
On Sun, 3 Jun 2018 09:56:12 -0000 (UTC),
(Andrew Gabriel) wrote:
In article ,
Scott writes:

I bought two of these at Maplins, at 80% off. I now realise I'm not
sure what they are for. The last time I went to a 'proper' electrical
wholesaler, he told me different bulbs are needed for oven and fridge.
Does anyone know?

Oven lamps are high temperature (300C), and usually 25W or 40W.
Fridge are usually 15W (although I would use an LED nowadays).
Lots of different proprietary lamp bases for microwaves.

None of us have a clue what you bought.

Not too clear myself, hence the question. Described as Eveready
appliance pygmy bulb 15W. No mention I can find of the intended
appliance.

If they don't say good for ovens then they're good for other uses, eg fridge, sewing machine, cooker hood etc. Oven & microwave appliance bulbs have extra ratings, you can use them there but I've already described the downside.

NT