Posted to uk.d-i-y
David David is offline

Default Can I fit a bath waste trap to my kitchen sink in order to havemore space in the cabinet?

On Tuesday, 5 June 2018 08:33:54 UTC+1, RJH wrote:
On 04/06/2018 21:09, Stephen wrote:
On 04/06/2018 18:02, Peter wrote:
A shallow trap would leave room for a shelf and bin beneath. Any
reason why not?

Thanks,

Peter

There is a far easier solution for this. I have done this for my kitchen
sink, my utility room sink and even the en-suite room sink.

I get my waste traps from FRANKE which allows you to put the waste traps
at the BACK or the SIDE of the cupboard so one can reclaim the room
within the cabinet as its no longer in the middle.

Thanks for that - good idea, some prices/pics:

https://www.plumbworld.co.uk/kitchen...tes-19567-0000

--
Cheers, Rob

And (rather surprisingly!) B&Q do similar kits for half the price, off-the-shelf. I successfully used a B&Q one in my kitchen 10 years ago:

https://www.diy.com/departments/pack...1306786_BQ.prd

https://www.diy.com/departments/flop...m/53511_BQ.prd