Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default Appliance bulb

On Sun, 3 Jun 2018 05:56:22 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Sunday, 3 June 2018 10:56:13 UTC+1, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Scott writes:

I bought two of these at Maplins, at 80% off. I now realise I'm not
sure what they are for. The last time I went to a 'proper' electrical
wholesaler, he told me different bulbs are needed for oven and fridge.
Does anyone know?

Oven lamps are high temperature (300C), and usually 25W or 40W.
Fridge are usually 15W (although I would use an LED nowadays).
Lots of different proprietary lamp bases for microwaves.

None of us have a clue what you bought.

Indeed. It may be worth mentioning that vanilla bulbs also work in ovens, they're just more likely to suffer cap glue failure at the high temps, requiring pliers to unscrew when dead.

At 80% off you probably paid 4x their value.

I rather doubt this as I paid 30 pence for each.