Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife Jimmy Wilkinson Knife is offline

Default How do flatbed microwave ovens work?

On Sun, 03 Jun 2018 12:26:50 +0100, Max Demian wrote:

On 03/06/2018 11:32, DerbyBorn wrote:

There are also a few "small electricals" bins around that take items
up to the size of a VCR.

Some councils will collect small electricals left out on the kerbside
with the domestic waste.

AKA Gypsies.

I used to see a flat bed truck with a kind of open top cage on the back
going around ringing a bell in the manner of, "Bring out your dead!" I
assume it was for dead appliances and other stuff with scrap value
rather than corpses.

Still got one here. He shouts "Any old scrap metal?" And occasionally "Washing machines, microwaves, dishwashers, ...." sounding more like he's selling them than collecting them. I spotted his van while I was out and told him I had a huge chest freezer. He collected it for free. I couldn't be bothered heaving it into the back of my car to take to the skip.

--
Maybe . . .
Flying saucers are real and the Air Force doesn't exist.