Posted to rec.woodworking
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Weird Pipe Found Buried in Yard

On Sun, 03 Jun 2018 14:27:54 -0700, OFWW
wrote:

Reading your post brought back a lot of memories, especially about a
fast changing world.

I remember designing and building an HO POP in a wall cabinet. Thought
it was hot and would save a lot of labor and stuff strewn all about.

Six months later it was made so obsolete it was embarrassing.

I'm debating just trashing what I have here, don't even know what EBay
is doing these days on the stuff, or if 3rd world countries are still
behind the scenes and it might be useful there.

As to keeping up with the Licensing, unless you worked for a company
that supported your training/updating it could be rough.

One of the things I liked to do was setup flawed routers and managed
switches at home to help others with diagnosing and working out
problems. At the time I usually had a prize for those that made it all
the way though, that they could download once all the connections were
made. That was fun at the time.

Times have sure changed.

I now prefer woodworking and a garden with edibles, even cooking.

I worked in Education for a few years. The first half of my working
life was spent in the automotive repair trade - and I taught it both
at the secondary and posts secondary (trade) level as well as training
apprentices in the shop.

Teaching guys how to logically troubleshoot a system was always a
challenge.

When I shifted to the IT world the troubleshooting didn't get much
easier!!!!!