HeatMan

Default fuel oil usage in boiler

CB's right, as usual, but he omits one point.

Has it been colder this year than the previous ones?

"CBhvac" stephenaddressscfrewedonpurpose@carolinabreezehva c.com wrote in
message ...

"stonecreek" wrote in message
I seem to be using more fuel oil this year in my boiler than in years

past.
I change the nozzle each year, clean out the innards of the boiler,

change
the filters. Is there something else that can control the amount of oil
that these things use. I haven't raised the temperature or anything as
obvious as that.

thanks

Change the nozzle...umm...do you have it calibrated to make sure that you
are getting the best flame for the condition the unit is in? If

not...there
is one idea...
Do you have underground tanks?
Do you use water treatment? If not...there is another...
Did you change fuel oil weight? IE, go with #2 instead of #1 or vice

versa?