Posted to alt.home.repair
Tyler[_3_] Tyler[_3_] is offline

Default Electrical boxes -- screw size?

replying to Percival P. Cassidy, Tyler wrote:
Im so confused by this and have never gotten to the bottom of it. I have
run into needing a longer screw than included with ceiling boxes/junction
boxes. 6-32 is too small (threads in but is wiggly) and 8-32 is too large. I
have found in my miscellaneous screws some sort of perfect in between size
that Im wondering if is a metric. Anytime I look into it, people just say
6-32 for wall stuff and 8-32 for ceiling stuff and thats that. But this
simply isnt the case in my experience. There is a metric that must be
similar to what a 7-32 screw would be.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ze-416095-.htm