Posted to uk.d-i-y
Marland Marland is offline

Default Dashcam install

Tim Watts

The lorry driver had to back for lack of turning space. I don't think
they carry a mate to help, but could be wrong.

It was a One Stop Shop lorry. I assume there is no irony in the name.

One Stop are buggers for delivering stock to small shops with over sized
lorries.

Unless they are over 2.55 metres in width they wont be over sized , just a
big nuisance.

They will no be no situation exactly the same but many towns like the small
one near here have streets so narrow that a vehicle delivering will stop
passage of two way traffic with anything wider than a bicycle so it
doesnt make much difference if it is a tail lift lorry or a van.
What is the lesser evil , a lorry blocking a road for 15-20 minutes while
they wheel cages on and off or a succession of white vans to deliver the
same amount of stuff, each one by the time they park ,alert the shop
staff, unload, get the paperwork signed will each take about the same
15mins.
Say three vans thats the road partially blocked for a total of 45 mins
instead of 20 .

GH