Posted to uk.d-i-y
www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] is offline

Default British gas smart meter beeping

On 01/06/2018 13:23, Andy Burns wrote:
Tracey wrote:

My British gas smart meter display unit won't stop beeping.Â* It's a
pay as you
go meter but has plenty of credit. The constant chirping is driving me
mad

If it's the in-home display beeping, either power it off/on, or move it
to be closer to the electricity meter.

If it's the actual gas meter beeping, they have a battery that should
last 10 years (not user replaceable).

My mother had the same problem with hers.
It was to do with the spend limits being set far too low.
IIRC I simply went through menus and reset daily(?) limits from the
pre-set few £'s to something she'd never reach such as £30 or something.

Seems like a common issue and the bloody device has a rechargeable
battery so you couldn't simply unplug it to ease the pain.
I was borderline chucking it into a bowl of water to shut the thing up!