Posted to alt.home.repair
None None is offline

Default Swamp Cooler Problem (periodic shutoff)

On Fri, 01 Jun 2018 13:44:01 GMT, Edification1
m wrote:

replying to trader_4, Edification1 wrote:
Everything worked fine before all the new stuff was installed, that's all I
know. When they mounted the swamp cooler on the roof, the motor position
changed by about two feet. The original wiring wasn't long enough to make the
run, so the installers attached a two foot piece of 12/3 wire to complete the
circuit. That is why I initially thought it was all the wiring splices that
was causing the short circuit, hence the new line. But I adjusted my belt
last night, loosened it alittle bit, and now it works fine in both low
settings, but on high it shuts off after 10 minutes. Any advice, other than
having them come out and possibly mess things up worse? I am trying to sell
my house asap, already have a closing date and all that so looking for some
fast answers that can be applied before this Monday.

From your description it seems that the motor is overheating. When
you disconnect the belt from the motor does the large fan pulley move
freely and smoothly? What about the shaft on the motor?

It is possible that there is a defective bearing in one or the other.

I would call the installer and have them resolve the issue as the unit
is new.