Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Speaking Of Clamps - Jet Cabinet Set, $200?

DerbyDad03 writes:
On Thursday, May 31, 2018 at 1:54:39 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:

I feel that the Bessy clamps, kBody or revo, are built a little too=20
tight. They can be crotchety to slide open or close.
Also their screw travel is short. I find that once the clamp engages to=

=20
actually start clamping you have used up more than half of the travel.=20
If you use clamps a lot this becomes very irritating. A big issue when=

=20
trying to close a mortise and tenon joint on each end of a rail.

Do you guys use the KP blocks for stacking the clamps perpendicular to each
other?

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/b...locks-set-of-4

I have a set of four. I've used them a couple of times when gluing
up small boxes, for which they're quite useful. But generally, I'm
not doing four-sided clamping with them and the KP blocks sit off to
the side.