Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife Jimmy Wilkinson Knife is offline

Default Oven with temperature readout

On Wed, 30 May 2018 10:40:02 +0100, Hankat wrote:

"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
news
Pinnerite wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Pinnerite wrote:
I am trying to find a reasonably priced single oven with a digital
temerature readout. None of the sites I have visited boast of one.
Anybody any useful recent experience?

Do you mean one which reads the true temperature as measured by a
sensor,
rather than just a digital display of what it's meant to be?

Yes

I think any sensible manufacturer would not offer this as it would clearly
show the variations in temperature as the control system cut in and out
causing some customers to be dissatisfied and letters of complaint.

And yet they have done with fridges.

Isn't it a damn sight easier to hold a temperature 15C away from room temperature than 180C away?

--
I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. -- Mark Twain