Jeff Cochran

Default Window and Installation Costs

On 27 Dec 2003 16:06:56 -0800, (Morgan) wrote:

My wife and I are replacing the original wood casement windows in our
1938, stucco exterior home. We are considering aluminum clad wood
exterior/wood interior windows from Lincoln, but we are not sure the
cost is worth it over vinyl. We received a quote for $15,000 for 10
windows installed, including replacing the frames and repairing the
stucco. Most windows are 42.5x55. The company broke out the costs to
be $9900 for the windows and $5000 for labor. $1000 per window and
$500 for each installation seems high to me.

It would seem like you would be the best judge of this, having gotten
three quotes from three different sources to compare...

Jeff