Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default New Rough Cut show

On 5/29/2018 8:52 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
J. Clarke writes:
On Mon, 28 May 2018 13:37:37 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sunday, May 27, 2018 at 4:06:47 PM UTC-5, J. Clarke wrote:

I took a look at Felder.

5300 bucks for a saw that can't break down a sheet of plywood? I'm
afraid that they need to learn a bit about the American market before
they try to sell those things here.

You will have to tell us exactly which Felder saw you looked at that cannot break down a sheet of plywood.

The one that has a 30 inch rip limit and costs 5300 bucks.

Any pro shop "breaking down sheets of plywood" will have a panel
saw for that purpose. Silly to use a tablesaw for that.

Totally agree if this type of panelsaw, which is a table saw.

https://lagunatools.com/classic-mach...12-4-panelsaw/

The panel saws that you see in Home Depot for cutting plywood are
IMHO not the best set up. I do not like the horizontal cuts that they
make. the top portion of the cut piece pinches the blade near the end
of the cut.