Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Can I Convert a electric recliner chair to manual recliner?

On Thursday, 31 May 2018 11:20:24 UTC+1, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
brought next idea :
Hi you may convert but your recliner chair design will be changed learn here
how to fix recliner chair mechanism
http://www.reclinergenie.com/7-key-t...air-mechanism/

They are a simple enough mechanism, just a reversible motor and many
will use the same mechanism and motor, either mains motors, or 24v
ones. I doubt they lend themselves to conversion to manual use easily.
You would need some means to replace the motors rotation, with a
cranking action using the existing screw thread.

the motor is of course geared down, so the crank handle goes on the low speed side.

NT