Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default Yeah, there is no connection

On Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at 9:05:42 PM UTC-4, None wrote:

Are you saying that is a good thing or a bad thing?

I am saying Hollywood sells more guns to people who have no real use
for them than the NRA but who do you vilify?

If only the guns weren't so easy to acquire, it wouldn't matter what
we see in movies, read in books and magazines or see on the Internet.

I think it would matter. Americans as a culture tend to solve problems with violence. If that were not true the amount of firearms in circulation would be irrelevant.

Culture trumps regulations (just go to Europe and see which countries litter and which don't.) Lots of things contribute to culture - history, violent games and movies, capital punishments, easy tendency to fight wars, probably many more. Cultures change slowly. We are less violent and safer than ever before, moving in the right direction, but a long way to go.