Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Filling gaps between concrete slabs - HELP!

On Thursday, 31 May 2018 00:14:04 UTC+1, KellyAS wrote:
Hi, I need some advice. I have huge concrete slabs in my patio which were
never filled. Ive removed all moss and weeds and plan on power washing.
Id like to fill them afterwards.
Ive checked online and can see advice is to use mortar. The tutorials
Ive seen have all been for slabs with the smallest of gaps between them. My
slabs have gaps up to an inch wide in some places and the base is a thick mud.
What is the best thing to use to fill? Ill also be doing this on my own so
wont be a professional so looking for easiest and cheapest option
preferably!
Thanks, kelly x

Sand & cement is the usual thing. The best is epoxy mortar but far to expensive for 1" gaps.

The usual method is mix it dry with dried sand, brush into the gaps & leave to get damp & set. You might want to follow with a little tool pressing it down flat for better strength.

NT