Posted to rec.woodworking
OFWW[_5_] OFWW[_5_] is offline

Default Has anyone tried using EMT with pipe clamps?

On Wed, 30 May 2018 03:34:13 GMT, Puckdropper
wrote:

OFWW wrote in
:

Was just thinking, EMT is so much lighter, so why nor use Pipe to EMT
adapters and go for it?

Has anyone tried it?

I have not tried it, but I have seen 1/2" black iron pipe bend as the
clamps were tightened. I've also played a lot with EMT on the backyard ice
rink, and can tell you the 3/4" EMT is probably as flexible as the 1/2
black iron.

It's also a lot cheaper too.

Let us know if you try it and it works.

Puckdropper

I think I have some short pieces out in the garage, I'll give it a
test to see. But yeah, running conduit shows it as flexible, maybe
short pieces will react differently?