Michael Daly

Default ****ed off at th thermostat

On 27-Dec-2003, "David Babcock" wrote:

That's fine for you, but my summer house is in an area where there are next
to no year round residents, probably one year round for every ten to fifteen
seasonal places. That makes for on busy, ****ed off neighbor in my eyes.

Ahhh, the cottage - hadn't thought of that, since I don't own one. Friends
of mine usually pay someone to look in regularly. In one case, a permanent
resident on a small road looks after all the houses on the road. Part of
walking the dog. It's about a kilometer stretch with a dozen or so lakeside
cottages. Such retirees often don't mind the extra few $ a month for an
easy task. These are year-round cottages on a road plowed in winter.
Where there's a will (and a few $) there's a way. And those $ may be cheaper
and more useful than a different insurance policy.

Mike