Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hot electrical wires

On Monday, May 28, 2018 at 2:14:31 PM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
On Monday, May 28, 2018 at 1:12:40 PM UTC-4, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Monday, May 28, 2018 at 9:20:46 AM UTC-5, condo owner wrote:
I turned off ALL circuit breakers in the panel.

I then pulled out the duplex receptacle from the electrical box in my garage and removed the wires.

I then attached the black, white and ground wires to a new duplex receptacle with two USB ports.

I was shocked by another white electrical wire in the box. Why wasn't that circuit controlled by a circuit breaker in the panel? Should the white wire have power?

Sometimes two different energized circuits wind up sharing a neutral and that could be the reason you got a shock off the white neutral wire. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Zapped Monster

Again, one more time, he said he has all the breakers in the panel off.
Are you like Trump, alternate facts?

And the only way there can be a code compliant shared neutral is with an
Edison circuit.

Leave it to Traitor_4ever to drag its Trump Derangement Syndrome into a discussion on electrical circuit problems. What a total loon. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Observant Monster