Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Hot electrical wires

On 05/28/2018 09:20 AM, condo owner wrote:
I turned off ALL circuit breakers in the panel.

I then pulled out the duplex receptacle from the electrical box in my garage and removed the wires.

I then attached the black, white and ground wires to a new duplex receptacle with two USB ports.

I was shocked by another white electrical wire in the box. Why wasn't that circuit controlled by a circuit breaker in the panel? Should the white wire have power?

Evidently the power is NOT from your breaker box. There was a mistake
made when the condo was built