Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default New Rough Cut show

J. Clarke writes:
On Sun, 27 May 2018 13:27:01 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sunday, May 27, 2018 at 4:50:03 AM UTC-5, J. Clarke wrote:
Apparently Festool took Gass on as part of the package--they say that
the management team remains in force. I think it was a bad choice on
Festool's part. The patents expire in 3 years and I suspect that the
market will be flooded with clones shortly after.

3 years is pretty quick. Hope that's all it takes to get more finger saving saws on the market. I personally think its a great technology. But I also think its far far far better to have a sliding table on a saw than this finger technology. Much safer that way. AND far more productive. Can't wait until Felder and Hammer and MiniMax and Martin and Altendorf and SCMI put the finger technology on their sliding table saws. Make these stupid 1800s American cabinet saws extinct.

I took a look at Felder.

5300 bucks for a saw that can't break down a sheet of plywood? I'm
afraid that they need to learn a bit about the American market before
they try to sell those things here.

What gives you the impression they're trying to sell to homeowners?