Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Core drilling is a bit of a dusty job

On Mon, 28 May 2018 02:40:38 -0700 (PDT), Mathew Newton
wrote:

On Monday, 28 May 2018 08:31:31 UTC+1, T i m wrote:

My slot cutter has dust extraction and again, whilst it's not perfect
it makes a big difference to how much dust is spread elsewhere. Again,
you can easily see what it's doing by how often you have to empty it!

Is it just me or do others get an enormous amount of satisfaction seeing large quantities of dust in the vacuum collection bin, knowing that if I wasn't vacuuming at source all that would've been in the air / on the floor?

Nope, not just you. And it's not just that, it's knowing that you will
have less cleanup afterwards (as it *does* get everywhere). ;-(

At the risk of taking this a step too far (too late?),

Yup. ;-)

at the sight of seeing dust being sucked into the vacuum nozzle from beneath a drill bit I actually feel a strong temptation to keep drilling holes even if/where I don't need to!!

Erm ... no, whilst I can see the appeal it isn't something I would do
personally. ;-)

Cheers, T i m