Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default Rockler 4-Way Panel Clamps 54% Off

"-MIKE-" wrote in message news
http://www.rockler.com/4-way-equal-pressure-clamp

However I'm fairly certain, they didn't invent, nor manufacturer these.
We'll see how it goes.

Anyone have these, already?

I had 8 sets of clamps like those when I started getting serious about
woodworking... I made the cauls with camber so that the pressure in the
middle was maintained as they were tightened. Ultimately I got a bunch of
Bessy clamps and got rid of the 4 way clamps. When I need really long clamps
I've got pipe clamps with couplers that give me all the length I'd ever
need... As I recall I had them about 12'-14' long one time to help with
straightening out framing during a house renovation.

The 4-way clamps were a crutch when I started as they let me glue up panels
with cupped boards where the edges did not butt up square without them. With
good board prep the need for them disappeared... About the only time I need
cauls now is when I'm gluing up things like cutting boards that have a lot
of slippery glue joints. I haven't missed the 4-way clamps at all.