Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Core drilling is a bit of a dusty job

On 27/05/2018 11:46, Andrew wrote:
On 27/05/2018 11:14, ARW wrote:
Last week I core drilled a hole for an extractor fan in the gf's
bathroom.

Bloody hard bricks and it took me over an hour and half to drill it.

There was a bit of dust for her to clean up (and a lot of dust in the
air as seen on the photo)

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/3/34/Abitofdust.jpg

She is still complaining about having to do a spot of cleaning a week
later.

Hope you wore hob-nailed boots in the bath to protect your feet.

Acrylic bath ??

Cheap tiling. ? Social housing ??, so shouldn't the HA be doing this ?.

Did she wash it all down the plug hole, followed by some Qtips and
wet wipes too ?.

DeWalt Challenger boots, a council house, enamel bath with dust sheets
in it - not that they did much apart from collect rubble[1], one tile is
upside down (you cannot see that because of the dust), the dust was
picked up by Henry and not flushed down plug hole.

It may be the LA's job to do the work (if needed). The bathroom is not
damp or mouldy however the recent addition of two kittens means the
window cannot now be left open. It is her choice to have the kittens not
the LA's choice so I decided to fit a fan and make sure the bathroom
stays mould free.

She "probably" should have asked for permission for the work doing but
she will just apply for retrospective permission when/if they notice the
work has been carried out[2].

[1] The cavity wall is full of rubble.
[2] I also fitted spot lights and I will soon fit an electric shower
without prior permission.

--
Adam