Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rifled barrel

Â* A question - I have a rifled barrel blank in .22 caliber , it
measures .875 at the receiver end . I'd like to build a bolt action
handgun chambered ib .222 Rem , which has a cartridge base diameter of
..378 , leaving just a bit over .250 wall thickness in the chamber area .
The receiver will surround part of the chamber area , but not all . I'm
thinking this is a bit thin for the pressures involved ... Is it ? If so
, can I press fit a sleeve over the portion of the barrel that needs
more strength ? Or should I be looking at something smaller , maybe .22
mag or something ?Â* I've wanted a center fire bolt handgun since the
first time I saw a Remington XP100 ... and the barrel was free .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on