Posted to alt.home.repair
mike[_22_] mike[_22_] is offline

Default Tilia vacuum sealer hose question

I bought some Tilia Vacuum sealed containers at a garage
sale. The vacuum connection is different from all the
Foodsaver hoses that I have. The standard Foodsaver
hose end will fit in the hole, but there's no seal around
it, so no vacuum gets in ;-)

https://imgur.com/AV9NAnX

You have to push down on the red center and seal
around it.
I managed to get it to work with an O-ring and a brass
fitting, but it's fiddly and I'll surely lose the loose parts
before I need them.

I've google searched Tilia and Foodsaver images, but not
found any pictures of the hose end.

Before I start trying to remember where I put the lathe tools
to make one,
it would be nice to see what a real one looks like.

I thought about using a suction cup, but it would have
to be quite flexible. Don't know how to drill a hole
in soft material
that will be clean enough to seal around the hose.

Anybody got a picture or a verbal description of these
vacuum connections?

Thanks, mike