Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Honda Hydrostatic Drive vs Belt Drive: Advantages?

On 5/24/2018 7:00 PM, Kyle wrote:
On 5/24/2018 3:17 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Belts, I can replace... but hydrostatic sounds way beyond my pay grade.

What does hydrostatic provide to earn it's $1000+ premium?

I have a 13-year-old hydrostat zero-turn with about 950 hrs. It's an
absophuckinglutely awesome mowing machine but...the cost to replace
the 2 pumps and 2 drive motors is $3200 plus labor.

Â* I have a 36 year old JD model 317 yard tractor with a hydro trans .
Linkage is all worn and sloppy , drive unit could probably stand a
rebuild , but the pump works fine . And it still does the job , that 17
Hp Kohler opposed twin will spin the tires until it's buried up to the
hubs , just spins 'em on pavement .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on