Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cutting PVC

On Thursday, May 24, 2018 at 2:28:51 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I was an electrician 20 years ago. We used to cut into PVC with a
string but it was done when the pipe was empty.

My nephew is now working with PVC for fiber. He said that they cut
into a pipe they thought was empty and it turned out it contained a
fiber optics cable.

I was just wondering if you could wrap a string around a PVC pipe and
keep tension on the spool and drive the cutting with an electric drill
pulling the string?

I wonder how much success you could have in scoring around the pipe
enough to break it in case it is not empty.

Somewhere in my tool collection, I have a PVC pipe cutter that is a wire saw. It has rings on each end of the wire for your fingers so you can pull the wire saw back and forth. It's easy to control the cut and the depth. I'm sure you could score a pipe with that type of saw and bang on it to break it open along the scored line. ^_^

https://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-PVC-...002J/204284854

[8~{} Uncle Saw Monster