Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default VM Tivo 6 box to older TV

On 24/05/2018 16:17, Tim+ wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
On 24/05/2018 14:53, Oliver wrote:
Virgin Media support is driving me crazy. I want to connect their new
Tivo 6 box to an older tv (Sony KE-P37XSI) which does not have an HDMI
connector. Any good suggestions?

A HDMI to component video conversion box would probably be your only
option... Worth a tenner from ebay etc to give it a try and find out?

Presumably youd lose the HD aspect of the signal though? Personally Id
get with the times and invest in a new TV. ;-)

Component[1] inputs will often support progressive scan and higher
resolutions, so you might be ok. The TV itself can do 1080i I belive
from looking at the spec briefly.

[1] Not to be confused with Composite inputs (aka CVBS)

--
Cheers,

John.