Posted to alt.home.repair
Andy[_35_] Andy[_35_] is offline

Default Bed bugs

On Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 12:59:21 PM UTC-5, Frank wrote:
On 5/23/2018 1:47 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 23 May 2018 12:51:00 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

You can check, but I think some exterminators heat the room to a hellish
temperature to kill bed bug

I've read that heat is the most effective and it needs to be hot,
temps held for some long period.

Imagine what the heat does to wooden furniture?

Not real hot - above 117 degrees F

https://www.terminix.com/blog/scienc...d-of-bed-bugs/

I did not google to far to get all info but am amused to see bed bug
heaters offered for sale.

https://thermalflowtech.com/equipmen...egory=23836606

After I did a thorough vacuuming, I used a heat gun over mattress and box springs.

I also used a Harris Bed Bug treatment kit.
It is working well...driving out the hidden bugs which are dying.

Sprinked DIATOMACEOUS EARTH everywhere and used 2 different sprays.

Andy