Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Fitting freesat dishes, etc

On 23/05/2018 13:42, newshound wrote:

Thanks to all for the excellent and helpful advice. On checking more
closely, my first choice location is blocked by a tree but I still have
other good options. Will certainly go for a dual or quad LNB in these,
for future proofing!

Another feature of the www.dishpointer.com site

Move the green blob with your mouse to the fixing location of the dish.
In the corner of the map image page there is a tick box option "show
obstacle (line of site checker)".
This will put a red blob on the line to the satellite.
Drag this red blob with your mouse to the position of a building or tree
and it will give you an indication on how high it has to be to block the
signal.