Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cheap LAN tester

On Wednesday, 23 May 2018 10:11:03 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 22/05/2018 23:37, tabbypurr wrote:
On Tuesday, 22 May 2018 23:35:25 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 22/05/2018 12:12, tabbypurr wrote:
On Tuesday, 22 May 2018 07:23:13 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 21/05/2018 23:52, tabbypurr wrote:
On Monday, 21 May 2018 19:05:58 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 20/05/2018 17:13, tabbypurr wrote:
On Sunday, 20 May 2018 11:14:30 UTC+1, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 20 May 2018 10:05:54 +0100, ARW wrote:

I am looking at buying this (or something similar) as well very soon.

http://www.socketandsee.co.uk/socket...t-fuse-finder-
and-dead-circuit-tracer-kit.html

They know how to get maximum money from you though. The FFCB200UK

It does seem a lot for what it is. Can you not get something from China on fleabay for £15?

And how comfortable would you be hooking that up inside a 3ph CU with
440V, and 10kA of PSSC available?

I'm not in the habit of doing that with LAN testers

Its not a lan tester, its a circuit tracer and fuse finder!

Putting a fuse in a lead on a chinese tester has never struck me as too hard to do.

And will a fuse bestow upon the cheap tester the ability to inject a RF
tone into a live low impedance mains cable, that can then the traced at
a 50cm distance from the wire?

I'm gonna let you see if you can work that one out.

What I can't work out is why you think a cheap lan tester is going to do
the job of an circuit tracer and fuse finder - a completely different
bit of kit, designed for use in a different environment. Even more
worrying, is that you appear think the only difference between that and
a lan tester is the presence of a fuse.

ok, when you want to be sensible let us know.