Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default More Burnt Wood Finishing-- his time a cabinet.

On 5/21/2018 7:27 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Monday, May 21, 2018 at 4:44:07 PM UTC-4, Jack wrote:
On 5/21/2018 2:54 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Monday, May 21, 2018 at 9:58:05 AM UTC-4, Jack wrote:
On 5/20/2018 2:17 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Sunday, May 20, 2018 at 9:42:24 AM UTC-4, Jack wrote:
On 5/19/2018 10:00 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Saturday, May 19, 2018 at 8:50:37 AM UTC-4, Jack wrote:

Here is one of him knocking down a tree close to a house. He has better
climbing ones but this one has his 70+ year old Mom singing the blues,
with him on drums, Harp and singing, and so on. The vids that show him
knocking off the limbs as he climbs are really cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUWGKk9UVOY

I haven't watched he whole thing yet, but something caught my eye at 2:00.

He drops a section as 2 other guys on the ground aren't even watching. The
section drops what? 10, maybe 15' behind them. I guess you build up a lot
of trust over time.

He's not into OSHA. None of his 1000+ video's have constant mandatory
safety warnings like: always wear helmet, glasses, steel gloves,
earmuffs, steel pants, don't put your hand on whirling blades, don't
drop trees on pedestrians, on ad infinitum. That's one of the things I
like about him, not controlled by American Bar Association, or whomever
is responsible for turning American men into buffoons.

No OSHA reg or suit from the ABA is going to prevent one of those guys
from walking in the wrong direction. Common sense says that people on the
ground should be looking out for themselves as much as the guy dropping the
tree.

Heck, all it would take is a nest of bees in one of the cut offs to get
one of the grounders running into the path of a falling section. I would
think that *they* would be paying closer attention to what is going on
above them.

He usually
doesn't endanger guys working with him, usually a young dude and his son.

The definition of "endanger" comes in many shapes and sizes.

Sure does. Apparently the guys doing this work have it figured out for
themselves. Nice to have you and the government wringing your hands
over it, but I find it refreshing to see it done on the wild side, by
guys that know their stuff. Watching Norm or Scott Phillips whine on
with all that safety crap every episode I find nauseating. Also watching
guys on Youtube put on safety glasses, dust mask, ear muffs etc just to
cut a piece of wood on a band saw is plain lame, imnsho.

Wow! Bromance much?

Almost never!
You?

You're the one that somehow equated my comments about "trust" and
"endangering" with "me and government wringing our hands".

Right. I equate you getting your panties in a bunch over some sort of
perceived danger to hand ringing and stupid warnings plastered over
everything.

I have no idea where that came from,

It came from your hand wringing.

so I assume it was blind love and
your need to stand up for Mr. Cohonies whenever you perceive a negative
comment, however wrong that perception might be.

Now we're into some sort of weirdness for sure. From the guy is
fearless to a Bromance. You are bazaar.

Please do enjoy his 1000's of videos. I've watched a few, found them somewhat
interesting, but don't need to see any more. That's not negative, that's just
how it is. I hope that you, he and his mom have a wonderful life.

Can't speak for him and his mom, but I already had a wonderful life,
fantastic actually, but thanks for the hopes and thoughts...

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com