Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Well Head Leaking?

On Monday, May 21, 2018 at 9:44:06 PM UTC-4, Courtney579 wrote:
replying to tc88, Courtney579 wrote:
We are currently having the exact same problem. We have an overflow pipe that
continues to discharge water (we originally thought it was clogged) and our
well head is leaking water for about 50% of the day. Just wondering if you
solved this problem and how? Would appreciate any advice you have.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ng-148324-.htm

It sounds like somehow the water level has risen to the point that it's become an artesian well. AFAIK typically a well doesn't have or need an overflow pipe. Are you confusing that with where the electrical wires exit the casing at the top cover? It's a curiosity, but unless the water is so much that it creates a problem in the yard, I don't see anything to worry about or fix.