Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default More Burnt Wood Finishing-- his time a cabinet.

On 5/21/2018 10:52 AM, Markem wrote:
On Mon, 21 May 2018 09:45:16 -0400, Jack wrote:

On 5/20/2018 12:07 PM, Markem wrote:
On Sun, 20 May 2018 09:42:20 -0400, Jack wrote:

I'm not afraid of chain saws, or any tool really, but this guy... I've
seen him 100' in a tree and cut branches 3 inches from the rope that's
holding him to the tree, one handed... Huge cahoonas, but he knows his
stuff, that's for sure.

That is the beauty of editing, would love to see his out takes.

Why, you think he actually cut his rope, fell out of the tree, climbed
back up and edited out that part? If you watch his video's, you will
quickly see he is the real thing. To fake his work via editing is not
his thing, but he edits his stuff for sure, but not to fake anything.

Here is a good video of a job he did on Saturday the 19th. He shows
some climbing and a big leaner. He's doing it for an old guy who seems
to be wanting to help, but Billy Ray don't need no stinking help. The
old guy is standing pretty close to the big leaner when Buckin' drops
it. That should bother the heck out of DerbyDad.

No by editing you can not show the mistakes made, just because he does
what he does doesn't mean there are not screw ups. You obviously are
enamored beyond reality with this man.

Wow, I said the guy knows his stuff (felling trees is not rocket
science) and you decide I'm "enamored beyond reality".

You obviously are negative beyond reality. On what basis do you pass
judgement that he edits out his mistakes? Have you watched any of his
work? Got any examples or are you just making stuff up for no good reason?

Yes, I'm impressed by anyone that can climb 120 feet up a tree and whack
limbs off with a chain saw, one handed. I didn't mention it before, but
watching him split wood is also impressive. What impresses you? My
guess is nothing!

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com