Howdego

Default Lasco "Hot Shot" whirlpool heater

I am looking into buying a Lasco Valencia 1.5 66" whirlpool tub.
There is an option to add a "Hot Shot" unit to maintain the water
temperature. Problem is, the Lasco customer service people and the
technical support people don't know how this unit works, don't have
any literature on the unit and have no feedback from any users. (The
tech support supervisor won't respond to my email or telephone calls
to help clarify). The first level people say it is not an inline
heater and works by keeping the water warm by friction. I can't
figure out how friction itself can heat water, and neither can the
Lasco people. I am reluctant to proceed with the purchase as the
whirlpool cannot be enhanced with an inline heater at a later time,
and I have no evidence that the Hotshot will work.

Anyone have any knowledge about the HotShot, or the reliability of
Lasco tubs?

Howard