Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default no electric, no water

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 20 May 2018 08:52:40 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 5/20/2018 4:46 AM, micky wrote:

But they have frequent power failures, beyond their control (and a
generator is not an option), and when the power is off, no water will
come out of the bubbler, or, I believe, the bottle filler, since that
seems to work only when the sensor detects a bottle.

It says " Non-pressurized water tank is located after bubbler valve, so
that tank is subject to line pressure only when Easy-Touch Control is
pressed."

Do you think there is any way to bypass the valve so the water works
even when the power is off, but doesn't make the water run all the time?

My feeling is that there is no way to do this, but I'm asking anyhow.

Depends on the water supply. If the water is town supplied and always
pressure, you can do it. If it is well water and the well pump stops,
nothing you do at the bubbler will matter.

Plug it into a UPS of the proper voltage if on town water.

Yes, it's town water.

Good idea, you too.

To avoid running down the UPS, I'd like to isolate the valve from the
rest of the device (since the cooling part uses a lot of current). If
the valve were on DC current, I could use diodes to isolate the valve
from the rest of it. I wonder if I could rectify the AC that goes to
the valve now and run the valve on what?, 70???volts DC. Assuming
several people line up and drink for 3 to 5 minutes straight, is the
valve's electric winding going to overheat or anything?

Plus there is the feature for filling water bottles. That must be on a
separate valve.