Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Cheap LAN tester

On 20/05/2018 11:14, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 20 May 2018 10:05:54 +0100, ARW wrote:

I am looking at buying this (or something similar) as well very soon.

http://www.socketandsee.co.uk/socket...t-fuse-finder-
and-dead-circuit-tracer-kit.html

For you that fact they can tolerate being connected to the mains is
good, tone tracers designed for LAN/telecoms works tend to let the
magic smoke out in such circumstances.

They know how to get maximum money from you though. The FFCB200UK
sender is the more versatile as it has an IEC on the sender so can be
simply plugged into a socket or clipped on with the supplied
clips/probes lead but it doesn't have a battery, so by implication
works on live circuits.

The sender in the DCF200 is clips only but has a battery and some
extra pretty lights to say the circuit is live or short but the
manual says it's not for use on a live circuits.

Well its two totally different units (for two different jobs) sold in
one package to save a few quid. I am also looking at Kewtech and
Martingale products.

Basically these two kits sold as one.

http://www.socketandsee.co.uk/socket...inder-kit.html

and

http://www.socketandsee.co.uk/socket...it-finder.html

But I need such kit. ATM I am borrowing it from the office as and when
needed.

--
Adam