George E. Cawthon

Default ****ed off at th thermostat

Not likely, since read it periodically and just finished
reading it. I might be surprised by the way they interpret
some phrases. Insurance is primarily for fire and other
destruction of the house, theft, and liability. So lots of
things are not covered. And, Yes, if you have broken pipes
and water ruins the house from freezing, it isn't covered.
If you get freezing damage and the house was heated, they
will pay. But my policy makes no demands on how often you
check on the house, or how long you are gone.

I was surprised by a friend who showed me that the tries on
her new Explorer were not covered for road damage (she got a
puncture from the a rock and the rock stuck in the tire).
Surprised me too that there is no road hazard coverage for
the original tires on my truck (3 years old). Cheap, but
can't avoid it with new cars. However, I would never buy a
tire that didn't have a road hazard warrantee.

Eric Tonks wrote:

Read your policy -- you may find surprises.

"Art Begun" wrote in message
ink.net...
In most states, homeowner's insurance is regulated and they would not
get away with crap like that but perhaps in some state they can....

"George E. Cawthon" wrote in message
Bull ****. What kind of insurance, $24 a year for a
$100,000 house? Than isn't insurance, it is a legal
agreement to regulate your life style, and it isn't
reasonable. People are away from their houses longer than
that on a regular basis.