Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Is this car tire repair too close to the sidewall or not?

On Sat, 19 May 2018 10:13:43 -0400, Meanie wrote:

The main question is whether the hole is too close to the sidewall.

Most certified repair facilities will not plug/patch a tire within 1"
from sidewall edge as they say "liability issues", but I believe they
mean "potential sale".

I've done several repairs even closer and they've held up to the life of
the tire. Your repair looks fine but as others have said, treadwear
doesn't look well. Be careful in wet weather.

I think it is a good repair for around the farm, on a non-registered
vehicle. Know what I mean, Vern?
--
"Dumb is local...As soon as you go 15 miles away from your dumbness, you see how dumb you are." -- Sherrod Small