Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_12_] michael adams[_12_] is offline

Default Paperback book glue.

"Oliver" wrote in message

If some pages fall out, I find it sometimes works to run the inside edge of the page(s)
through a blob of PVA or gum, insert into original position. Close book and leave
overnight under a heavy weight.

The problem with that solution I find, is that if you open the book sufficiently wide
to insert a page without touching the pages on the side on the way in, then you're
probably inflicting even further damage on the book.

Whereas even the slightest smigeon of PVA tranferred onto either of the adjacent
pages will leave you with pages stuck together.

That's the trouble with PVA in such situations - when its supposed to work by
permanently holding the pages of a book together it sometimes fails. Whereas
when you definitely don't want it to work - such that a microscopic amount won't
stick two adjacent pages together, it most definitely will.

michael adams